New (School) Year ResolutionAugust 31, 2011
I just love this time of year… summer is over and the kids are going back to school. It brings some much-needed structure back into my life after three months of just winging it. Structure is comforting to me. I crave it.
And I function so much better when my days are structured. I get more done. I am more content. I am happy.
So, now that a new school year has started, I am going to try something new to benefit the state of our home. I am going to clean out one thing (closet, cupboard, storage bin, etc.) each weekday. Anything that is no longer of use to us will either be donated or tossed out. And, since this blog has degenerated into nothing but meal plans anyway, I will be logging the results here. The goal is to declutter and purge as much as possible. We just have way too much stuff that we’ve been holding on to.
Day #1: My 2 Desk Drawers
What I got rid of:
- Kovels Antiques Guide dated 2002
- Goldmine Price Guide for 45 rpm records
- Seven books that serve as price guides for books
- Way more cards than I could/would ever send in my lifetime.
- Highlighters, which I pretty much haven’t used since college.
- Two hole punches ( I had three, as it turns out)
What I found that I forgot I had, and decided to keep:
- a good three-hole punch
- an unopened box of children’s Valentine cards — must remember these for Sophia’s class Valentine’s Day party!