Thursday 13: Summer, Already?April 8, 2010
The calendar says we’re just a week into the month of April, but you wouldn’t know it from the weather… it’s been pushing 90 degrees for the past 3-4 days here. In order to stave off the grumpiness that hits me in hot weather, I keep trying to remind myself that spring weather surely must return at some point (hopefully, tomorrow). On the other hand, it’s been a good way to think about what summer will be like and what our plans will be. So, without further ado, here is a list of what I plan to do this summer…
- Keep the freezer well stocked with ice pops (the kool-aid in a tube kind). They’re cheap, low cal, and cold as can be.
- Go to the beach enough times to justify buying a season pass. (That would be only two or more times, but sadly last summer I bought the season pass and only went once. Lame.)
- Pick lots of blueberries and make yummy stuff with them.
- Get the kids in the pool on really hot days… and join them!
- Take a portrait photography class at our community college.
- Research the heck out of Cornwall in preparation for our trip, and then go there. Yay!!!!!!!!
- Get a low maintenance haircut that can withstand high humidity. (This is always a dream, but never a reality. I’m just a high maintenance kind of gal, I suppose.)
- Take the kids to the state fair, which we love but haven’t done in a few years.
- Take lots of pictures with my new camera and figure out how to use all of the various settings.
- Finish my scrapbook from last summer’s vacation.
- Attempt to grow my own vegetables using the square foot gardening method.
- Clean out the basement of all the unnecessary junk that has accumulated there for the past9 years.
- Have a regular Mom’s Night Out for my friends and me.