Booking Through Thursday: PreferencesJuly 23, 2009
Which do you prefer?
- Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? mostly frivolous. There’s enough serious in real life.
- Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? Paperbacks. Carpal tunnel makes hardcovers difficult to hold with one hand. However, when I decide to keep a book for my personal “library,” I prefer hard cover.
- Fiction? Or Nonfiction? Fiction for the most part.
- Poetry? Or Prose? Prose.
- Biographies? Or Autobiographies? Since most of the people I find interesting lived hundreds of years ago, I would have to say biographies.
- History? Or Historical Fiction? Tie. I love both.
- Series? Or Stand-alones? Stand alones. Every series reaches a point where it just isn’t as good as it once was.
- Classics? Or best-sellers? Neither. I find that in most cases I don’t like the books that “everyone” likes.
- Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? Basic. I don’t like an overuse of adjectives.
- Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? Plot.
- Long books? Or Short? Long if it’s a good book, short if it isn’t. 🙂
- Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? No preference.
- Borrowed? Or Owned? Owned.
- New? Or Used? New. There’s something about being the first person to crack open a book… the way it smells and feels are just different when it’s new.
See more readers’ preferences at the Booking Through Thursday blog.