Nine YearsJanuary 1, 2009
Today, I am celebrating my ninth wedding anniversary. I know it sounds like a Hallmark cliche, but it is absolutely the truth — I love Dan even more today than we did when we got married.
Here are nine of the many reasons why:
- He is always thinking about how we can spend time together, whether it’s just the two of us or the whole family.
- Except on Tuesdays (his Guild Wars night), we go to bed together every night.
- He often tells me I’m pretty. Even first thing in the morning, when I’m bleary-eyed and I have bedhead and bad breath.
- He loves our children and isn’t reserved about saying so or showing it.
- He loves me and isn’t reserved about saying so or showing it.
- He loves God and isn’t reserved about saying so or showing it.
- He doesn’t watch football or other sports.
- He respects me.
- He’s smart, funny, eccentric, unique and just plain wonderful.
I’m so blessed to be his wife!